Requirements for Experienced Skydivers
- You must be a current member of your National Aero Club and hold an "A" license or higher
- All equipment must be maintained to the standards of your National Aero Club
- Be sure to bring your logbooks, ratings, and USPA membership
- If you do not have a license you will have to be cleared by our staff Instructor or Examiner
- AAD's are required for student jumps only, but highly recommended for everyone
Argus AAD's are not
allowed to be used at Skydive Arizona. Argus AAD's may not
even if it's turned off in the container system.
The Repack Cycle requirement in the US is 180 days.
As of October 2015:
Due to some technical changes in the rules about how containers and reserves are packed and maintained, we want our customers visiting from outside the USA to be aware of a potential problem.
If your gear is not approved with a US Certification (also known as TSO or Technical Standard Order) then to be acceptable in the USA it only needs to be maintained to the standards in use by your National Aero Club.
If your gear is approved with a US Certification (all American made gear and any European gear with a TSO) it has to meet US standards for maintenance and packing cycles. This means it must have a seal on the reserve, be packed within 180 days of use, and be packed by an FAA approved rigger.
While we do not have any way to check the status of your rigger, in practice your TSO’d gear will need to be packed 180 days and the reserve will need to be sealed with the rigger’s number or symbol on it.
We will be working with our Federal Aviation Administration to resolve this as soon as possible. Meanwhile, we apologize for the inconvenience.
Visit Desert Skies Rigging Page for all your repacking needs.
- Wing loadings should not exceed manufacturers recommendations.
- You must be 18 years of age to skydive at Skydive Arizona
Again, jumpers must be at least 18 years of age, hold a current "A" License or higher, and have a current reserve re-pack. Jumper must also be current on their jumps and provide a logbook:
"A" License: Must have made a jump within 60 days
"B" License: Must have made a jump within 90 days
"C and D" Licenses: Must have made a jump within 6 months
Anyone who is not current must contact our skydiving school and schedule a refresher course and check dive. (Please note: The School is closed every Tuesday and Wednesday)